THIS IS A NEWSLETTER/EMAIL DONE BY A NEIGHBOR IN WPB. HE IS VERY CONSCIENTIOUS AND VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM HIM DIRECTLY PLS SEND HIM AN EMAIL TO GO ON HIS EMAIL
From: James Young <email@example.com>
Date: January 5, 2016 1:57:26 PM EST
To: James Young <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: neighborhood news—
Hi Neighbors, well as you might have guessed we lost our internet line for a few days, so there were no messages going out to you, thankfully today AT&T has put us back on line, so here you go & we wish you & yours, A Happy, Wonderful 2016…Lila & Jim
1. Last evening Jim & I went to the City Commission Mtg. to speak & hear the Traffic Calming Approval Vote for our Sunset Rd. Traffic Calming, Jim spoke at the podium, & Robin Azqueta (the applicant) spoke and everyone left happy that the Vote was yes for the Traffic Calming, & we Thank all of the involved residents of Sunset Rd. for their input at the City Street Meeting & the evolving consensus made by all. It was a long successful journey, that first started so very many years ago, & the City notified us late yesterday (could not retrieve on the computer till today) that they will be implementing the request that we put in our packet , hand delivered to them concerning the location of the 2 traffic calmers, material to be used, the pattern, the color, & the placement of the signage, so hopefully all goes in correctly at some point.
2. A neighbor contacted me that has a relative who we really hope might be purchasing one of the Marlborough sober homes, which would be so really terrific for the neighborhood, as we assume it would then turn back into a single family home again! Keep your fingers crossed as that would just be super, super, news for all.
3. In the 200 Block of Cordova Rd., a bike was taken out of the back yard, with a houseful of guest there in the house, & nearby neighbor Steve Simpson, saw what was happening & apprehended the suspect till the Police arrived, which was super quick, the suspect was arrested and Police took the man to jail! YOUR NEIGHBORS ALL SAY– A BIG THANK YOU, THANK YOU, STEVE!!!!!!
4. 3500 block of So. Dixie Hwy., there was an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
5. 3700 block of So. Flagler Dr. there was an affray, an incident with an uber driver & the people who contacted him for the service.
6. 200 block of Westminster, stolen out of the residents vehicle a $999 computer & a $30 computer cover. We are hearing many reports (4 just lately) even in the North End of Palm Beach of people going into residents unlocked vehicles late in the night, taking things like cash, phone chargers, cameras, GPS units($400 alone), & computers, wallets, phones & purses, also have been taken from our southend neighborhoods in the past, so just be sure & lock up & leave nothing in your vehicle.