I went to the Home Improvement show at the convention center and there were at least 12 stands of window companies. I think this is a new trend in Florida. Here are some of what I learned.
1.Is the glass insulated or laminated insulating -on the edge , middle-
2. what is the strength
3. vinyl or aluminum casing
4. is the company you are using the manufacturer or a distributor
5. what is the impact resistance factor
6.is there a warrantee even during a hurricane
7.no shutters should be necessary
8.is the company you are dealing with an accredited organization
9.how much noise reduction
10.should have 99% reduction of fading
11. changing might reduce your home insurance
12. are they high-performance Low-E
13.there are many tints to the glass and custom colors to framing
15. privacy glass
16.easy finger tip operation?
18. optional third piece of glass?
19.corrosion resistant hardware
20. resistant to scratching
and lots more …it is a complicated decision!