From: James Young <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: March 15, 2017 10:34:48 PM EDTTo: James Young <email@example.com>
Subject: Info on The Meeting tonight on the Southern Blvd. (SR80) Bridge Replacement Project—
Just to let you know of the info shared with all on the new Southern Blvd. Bridge, tonight, as Jim & I attended the meeting, so here is the run down:
1. The new Bridge will be started in April 2017. The new Bridge will replace the existing bascule bridge & the tide relief bridge replaced over the Intracoastal Waterway & the Lake Worth Lagoon between WPB & PB.
2. The replacement bridge for the main bridge will have One 12′ travel lane, in each direction, 10′ shoulders on each side, with 7′ bike lanes & 6′ sidewalks. Pedestrians will be separated from traffic with a permanent concrete barrier.
3. There will be new improvements: new drainage, new traffic signals, decorative lighting, new signage, new pavement markings, a new bridge tender house, pedestrian outlooks with trellises.
4. The vertical clearance will be increased to 21′ under the bridge & the navigable-channel width will be increased to 125′.
5. A temporary bridge will be built north of the existing bridge, the temporary bridge will have One 12′ travel lane in each direction, & a 5′ sidewalk on the north side with pedestrian railing & shoulders on each side.
6. There may be occasional night time lane closures & detours during the reconstruction of So. Flagler Dr. , with project completion proposed for late 2020, with an estimated cost of $93 million.
7. THE ONE THING THAT WE WERE DISAPPOINTED IN WAS THAT AS YOU ARE PROCEEDING SOUTH TO SOUTHERN BLVD., ON SO. FLAGLER DR., UPON REACHING SOUTHERN BLVD., FDOT IS DOING AWAY WITH ONE LANE THERE SO THERE WILL NOW BE ONLY ONE LANE NOW THAT EITHER TURNS TO THE EAST, TO THE WEST, OR GOES STRAIGHT AHEAD, WHEREAS WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD THE TWO LANES THERE BEFORE. THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF SOUTHERN BLVD. WILL KEEP ITS TWO LANES. WE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THIS REDUCTION IN LANES, & ASKED WHY THIS WAS BEING DONE?? FDOT REPRESENTATIVES SAID THAT THEY WERE ELEVATING THE STREET THERE BY A FEW FEET HIGH, & WITH ALL OF THE EXISTING APT. /CONDO DRIVEWAYS THEY HAD NO ROOM LEFT FOR THE EXISTING TURN LANE OF TRAFFIC, SO FDOT IS DOING AWAY WITH ONE LANE OF TRAFFIC!! IT JUST SEEMS TO US VERY INADEQUATE WITH ALL OF THE NEW BUILDINGS OF CONDOS COMING, THE EXISTING MULTI-CONDO RESIDENTS & THEIR TRAVELS, & HURRICANE EVACUATING?? SEEMS WE WILL JUST HAVE MORE & MORE TRAFFIC PILE UP THERE, ALL LINING UP THERE IN ONLY ONE LANE , THE ONE NORTHBOUND LANE WILL OBVIOUSLY BE THERE GOING NORTH.
8. Contact info is (561) 655-0655, for project update & lane closures, visit: www.southernblvdbridge.com