A sign is up at 3611 S. Flagler announcing pre-sales for the Crystal Condominium. This land sits about two blocks north of Portofino South, just north of the Flagler Yacht Club condominiums. The building will be small, seven stories, with only six residences total. The developer appears to be targeting high-end buyers, as each unit will have 3 to 4 bedrooms and be finished with high-end materials. I am glad the development will not bring dozens of new residents to our neighborhood – it could have been a much larger project.
Find out more about the development at their website:
Hi Neighbor, there are plans going before The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) on Thurs., May 5, 2016, in case you might wish to attend the meeting, & so you are aware of what is being proposed for the 3611 So. Flagler Dr. property. This project is being proposed just a couple parcels south of Monroe Dr. in the Historic Southland Park District, where the plans are to demolish the present, 1955 one story apartments that are there now. What is being proposed is a modern style, multi 9 unit residential building, 6 stories high, with an overall height of 64 feet. The reason the case is headed to the ZBA is because they are requesting 4 variances. Our Southland Park Neighbor, Dack Patriarca, (3601 So. Flagler Dr.) has a letter in the packet here as he is in the lovely home at the south corner of Flagler Dr. & Monroe Dr. & is not in favor of the 4 variances being proposed……. Lila
Adapted from: James Young
THIS IS A NEWSLETTER/EMAIL DONE BY A NEIGHBOR IN WPB. HE IS VERY CONSCIENTIOUS AND VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM HIM DIRECTLY PLS SEND HIM AN EMAIL TO GO ON HIS EMAIL
This is a from a source that lives in our neighborhood and writes these memos and forwards them to different people and now to me and I am sharing it with you.
Hi Neighbor, Hope all had a wonderful & Happy Thanksgiving, unfortunately as you will see below Crime does Not take a Holiday:
1. 200 Block of Avila Rd., $4,800.00 worth of clothing , furs & MAC computer were stolen from an UNLOCKED vehicle.
2. 200 Block of Rugby Rd, resident reported a fraud on his debit card.
3. 3000 Block of So. Dixie Hwy. Grand Theft Auto, a 2015 Red Chevy Camaro Ss , valued at $36,000 was stolen from the business parking lot, last seen on 11/24 theft discovered 11/25.
4. 3800 Block of Washington Rd. , Grand Theft Auto, 2013 Hyundi, valued at $20,000 was stolen, it was left UNLOCKED& taken by suspects- 2 Black males, , one in red basketball shorts, red tank top, about 6′. It would be great for all Associations to invite our WPB Police Dept. personnel to address residents at an upcoming Association Meeting & to speak to residents of condos & in residential homes to LOCK up their vehicles, as obviously people are going through the neighborhoods trying doors of vehicles at night & getting lucky & stealing some of the vehicles, it takes just a moment to remove your items from your vehicle(s), lock your vehicle(s) & set your alarm, practice this daily — so you do not become a victim.
5. Most unfortunately one of our WPB Fire Trucks was shot at in the Publix Parking Lot on Southern Blvd. Luckily the fireman inside the truck was not struck, bullet hit the door, Police are looking for suspect(s).
And now for some good news, MARK YOUR CALENDARS—-YOUR BRAND NEW PUBLIX STORE ON BELVEDERE RD. WILL BE OPENING FOR BUSINESS ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12, AT 7AM……Enjoy, Lila