I have a lot of moisture in my apartment. I have Damp Rid in many of my closets and they fill up rapidly. I decided to hire a company that checks for mold. Integrity Mold Inspection came into my unit and did a complete survey. They did find mold on certain surfaces but they think it has been there for years …before me. I cleaned the surfaces with white vinegar and water and was able to put some of them in sun. They advised me to keep the air conditioning lower and get humidity meters to see if it goes over a certain level. I have someone checking my apt while I am away so she will keep and eye on the moisture spots. Interesting these areas affected were not near my bathrooms or kitchen.
A few nights ago I had a strong smell of someone smoking marijuana some where and it was coming through my vents. Where it was coming from I can’t say. I am surrounded by renters on three sides. The only apt that is owned and lived in is below me. I reported this situation but looking forward to marijuana becoming legal for recreation or medical reasons we really think we should discuss how we handle this. Of course, our building manager just tossed it aside. The two times it happened it was very strong and someone could be allergic to it. Better to address before it becomes a little more pervasive.
Power off in the building last Friday March 31st at around 12:00 pm.
Last Friday the back south gate was open all day and when I came home at 6:00 pm it was still open. The doorman are able to close and lock it. There are lots of robberies of cars in our area this should not happen. We are also going to have lots of workman around the bridge and this should be a very secure portal.
So all know & are aware — there will be soon coming an MD Now Urgent Care Center, opening in El Cid , it will at Pershing & So. Dixie Hwy. for emergencies/needs you have, that are not hospital needed, they also have an office out on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.
Had very good care at the one on Palm beach Lakes Blvd.
Electricity– the electric in the building went off sometime Friday afternoon. Get an electric clock and you can see how many times this happens
Rentals: I count about 20 rentals in the building. Those are the ones we know about. If there are 8 more we are 20 percent rental. This is concerning.
Kitchen redo: Someone put in new appliances in their kitchen and the installer did not put the dishwasher in correctly. Thus a flood to the downstairs apt. I thought Frank was diligent to only allow licensed and registered workers in the office people that handle plumbing or other harmful deeds?
Lastly: The owner of 807 went to bed with the faucet running in the kitchen. It was discovered the next morning by her housekeeper. The water was throughout her wall to wall carpet and almost reaching her bedroom. The office was called and Frank has a relationship with a restoration service that came right over to start the sponging of the water. This owner is a senior and not well and it seems has no family. She has someone that comes in during the day but no one at night.
Apt 707 got up and her dining room ceiling was a waterfall. She has beautiful wood floors that were awash with water. She was lucky that the ceiling did not collapse. I must say she was very calm throughout this horrible incident. Better than I would be. The restorer was already working in her apt when I saw it.
Apt 607 had similar damage but I did not see her apt.
The lesson is two fold. I know that the two upper apts have insurance and their companies did come. I do not know about 607. The second lesson is there are people that need care in the evenings and should not be left alone. Families or friends should be contacted and these people need to be cared for.
After this which will cost tens of thousands of dollars do you think we need a home insurance mandate?
Lastly I was told, our hallways which are not the concern of condo owners insurance companies and restoration companies are full of mold.
Manager’s meeting, Portofino South, February 15, 2017
In attendance: association’s building manager and residents
Paving Project: The project is currently at the stage of beginning permitting and hiring of a construction manager. It was noted that finding enough parking space during the project may be a challenge.
Decorating: Lights for the hallways to be proposed to the Board are on display on the fourth floor near the entryway to unit 403. The decorating committee will present updates on their projects next Tuesday at the board meeting.
Power Issues: Power outages and/or surges have been occurring 1-2 times/week and are causing issues with the association’s common property (mechanical/computers). Manager plans to schedule a meeting with representatives of FP&L to discuss.
Internet: A vendor of building-wide Internet services will present Tuesday at the board meeting.