1. Happily we heard great news that we are on the docket to have Washington Rd. repaved but even more importantly to also have the very old infrastructure beneath the roadway redone as its been there a very long, long time. & that tired debilitation is what is causing our sink holes & pot holes. Originally the construction was only going to be from Avila Rd. to Royal Palm Rd. but most fortunately, we requested & the City took a good look at it & now it is going to be done from Avila Rd. down to Edgewood Dr. (Prospect & Southland Park) , which is terrific news for all. Starting in April there will be a selection of the design concept approximately 12 months, then 4-6 months to hire a contractor, so construction could start in approximately 18 months from now. I know it seems a bit away, & it will be during the Southern Blvd. Bridge Construction. However, I know how many of you have asked for this to happen so yes, it will not happen tomorrow, & yes there will be some inconveniences for all of us with the major construction, but we have wanted a redo of Washington Rd. for a very long time now as it is certainly needed so we will endure the inconveniences, & I asked the City to keep us up to date so that we all can attend any called meetings.
Here are a few important numbers you should have in case of an immediate need or emergency at your home, at your neighbors house, or on your street: all of these are (561) numbers (except FPL’s # below, & the Sober House Hotline # below, & the poison control #) also, if you do not who to call for a situation , or it is not listed below, dial the WPB City, 24 Hour Hotline # at 822-2222 & they will direct you to the correct WPB City Dept. Please copy this & keep by your home telephone or on your refrigerator so the whole family & nanny have easy access to the #’s, & put the #’s in your cell phone, as things can occur at any time & we are not far away from hurricane season, so we all need to be at the ready for the quickest telephone response time possible. Hope this list helps you & yours & we can add any numbers you think others might need, just let me know, Lila
– Police Dept., Non emergency, 822-1900, & of course Dial 911 for emergencies Only.
– Fire Dept.,, 804-4700.
– Garbage/Trash Collection Dept., 822-2075.
– Street Repair Dept., 494-1040.
– Water Dept., 822-1300.
– Public Works After 4pm, 822-2210
– Building Dept., 805-6700.
– Parks Dept., 804-4900.
– Code Enforcement Dept., 822-1465.
– City Library, 868-7700.
– Mayors Office, 822-1400.
– City Commissioners Offices, 822-1390.
– Animal Control, 233-1200.
– Poison Control PBCo., 800-222-1222
– Florida Power & Light Emergency, 800-468-8243.
– Coast Guard, 848-8868, 844-5030.
– Florida Fish & Wildlife, 624-6935, 625-5122.
– SeaTow, 844-8056.
– Sober House Hotline @ the State Attorneys Office, (844) 324-5463.
– PBIA Noise Line, 683-7242(you can leave a message on the answer recording machine , & say where & when the extra noisy airline passing over was heard & seen).
Condo Meeting Minutes- March 21, 2017
All members present
Minutes from the 2/23 and 3/1 meetings were approved
On April 14th there will be a walkthrough of the parking lot project
April 22 is the farewell party for the building
Treasurer’s Report by G.D.
The card room remodel was taken out of operating expenses
There was an added expense this month involving plumbing- main line
There was a corroding pipe in the 9 line and it was leaking into the first floor apartment
Apt 110 was also cleaned out
H.M. thanked Anne for her beautiful presentation of her China trip to the condo owners in the card room
He worked with the decorating committee to get more bids for the hallway renovations
He met with FPL through the introduction of Lucia about the outages in the building He said it was line problems
Channel 5 will take space on our roof and pay $450 a month. He has committed to a 5 year contract
He will buy a new dumpster as we fill the one and only one too quickly and the maintenance
People have to walk it over to the dumpster that is for the large pieces
B.G. felt that there is a lot of owners using the dumpster for construction garbage and they
should pay us for this. All construction debris is supposed to be taken off the property by the contractors.HM asked that our dumpster on the south side should be pushed back out of sight.
Discussion of a fining committee?
We have more trash than ever
He surveyed the windows and feels that there are 74 windows without impact windows or shutters ( I do not think you can tell from the outside)
we have a new sound system for the board meetings …if they use the microphone
VR mentioned that more people should fold their boxes and cause less bulk in recycles
Decorating the Hallways:
New Lights will be $25,000 +, they are ADA compliant
Freight will be $1200 ,pallets $150 and installation $4675 Total: $31,000 +
We need 240 fixtures with 25 extra for the future
New Ceiling Tiles: They have two bids
The grid has to be replaced also ,they showed the new tiles to the board not to the audience
2x 2 feet tiles for a total of $80,000 plus
GD questioned if they would line up straight?
BG asked what’s up there – are there any known problems up there (cable, Water line)
Frank does not see any foreseeable problems or any extra cost, the air conditioning ducts have to be rehung.
VR asked if they knew the wattage, if they had LED bulbs of the new lights- no one knew. She questioned If the hallways would be any brighter.
R S from the audience asked if any new fire laws would affect our new ceiling
Total of $137,736.88 for the total remake and they suggested an assessment to pay for this.
They took a vote to the assessment and to go forward with the project and the vote was a tie
Thus as of now the project is on hold and no assessment for this
Trimming the mangroves – Frank had two estimates one from Jason’s Arbor Care and one from
Green Spaces- initial trimming, maintenance trimming and new planting
Annual trimming about $3500 plus permits
If any new plants are added they have to be watered for two weeks by us
VR expressed that we should not do anything as the bridge is going to be adjacent to this area for maybe 4 years – it is going to be a mess
GD also did not want to plant anything new but just trim and get invasive species out
It might bring it down to $2500 plus permit.
One board member opposed 7 approved
Frank announced at the last condo meeting that he had made a deal for a local TV channel to use our roof. He announced the amount of money per month that we would earn but I have to wonder if we should strategically investigate all our options and the highest going rates. The building next store has done a major installation on their roof lately …I wonder what other buildings are getting. He also announced it was a five year deal….that is a very long time in this ever changing technology world to lock in a price. This is something a committee of people in this field should be investigating. We are the highest building in relation to Trump so we have the advantage.
Power went out in the building on Thursday at 5:44 pm but this was definitely weather related.
About a few days ago a new sign went up on the small land bordering the lake north of the bridge and south of our dock.
During the last board meetings we discussed a large about of money to clean out our part of this area.
I happened to bump into Michael Roefaro , our former passed president and he thought that we did not even own that area.
I believe it would be a waste of money to clean out an area when they are shortly going to start construction on the replacement of the Southern Bridge. There will be huge amount of garbage coming to that area from that construction for many years to come and then they will be responsible for clean up. ( my opinion Vicki Ross)
Something to be discussed.
From: James Young <email@example.com>
Date: March 15, 2017 10:34:48 PM EDTTo: James Young <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Info on The Meeting tonight on the Southern Blvd. (SR80) Bridge Replacement Project—
Just to let you know of the info shared with all on the new Southern Blvd. Bridge, tonight, as Jim & I attended the meeting, so here is the run down:
1. The new Bridge will be started in April 2017. The new Bridge will replace the existing bascule bridge & the tide relief bridge replaced over the Intracoastal Waterway & the Lake Worth Lagoon between WPB & PB.
2. The replacement bridge for the main bridge will have One 12′ travel lane, in each direction, 10′ shoulders on each side, with 7′ bike lanes & 6′ sidewalks. Pedestrians will be separated from traffic with a permanent concrete barrier.
3. There will be new improvements: new drainage, new traffic signals, decorative lighting, new signage, new pavement markings, a new bridge tender house, pedestrian outlooks with trellises.
4. The vertical clearance will be increased to 21′ under the bridge & the navigable-channel width will be increased to 125′.
5. A temporary bridge will be built north of the existing bridge, the temporary bridge will have One 12′ travel lane in each direction, & a 5′ sidewalk on the north side with pedestrian railing & shoulders on each side.
6. There may be occasional night time lane closures & detours during the reconstruction of So. Flagler Dr. , with project completion proposed for late 2020, with an estimated cost of $93 million.
7. THE ONE THING THAT WE WERE DISAPPOINTED IN WAS THAT AS YOU ARE PROCEEDING SOUTH TO SOUTHERN BLVD., ON SO. FLAGLER DR., UPON REACHING SOUTHERN BLVD., FDOT IS DOING AWAY WITH ONE LANE THERE SO THERE WILL NOW BE ONLY ONE LANE NOW THAT EITHER TURNS TO THE EAST, TO THE WEST, OR GOES STRAIGHT AHEAD, WHEREAS WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD THE TWO LANES THERE BEFORE. THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF SOUTHERN BLVD. WILL KEEP ITS TWO LANES. WE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THIS REDUCTION IN LANES, & ASKED WHY THIS WAS BEING DONE?? FDOT REPRESENTATIVES SAID THAT THEY WERE ELEVATING THE STREET THERE BY A FEW FEET HIGH, & WITH ALL OF THE EXISTING APT. /CONDO DRIVEWAYS THEY HAD NO ROOM LEFT FOR THE EXISTING TURN LANE OF TRAFFIC, SO FDOT IS DOING AWAY WITH ONE LANE OF TRAFFIC!! IT JUST SEEMS TO US VERY INADEQUATE WITH ALL OF THE NEW BUILDINGS OF CONDOS COMING, THE EXISTING MULTI-CONDO RESIDENTS & THEIR TRAVELS, & HURRICANE EVACUATING?? SEEMS WE WILL JUST HAVE MORE & MORE TRAFFIC PILE UP THERE, ALL LINING UP THERE IN ONLY ONE LANE , THE ONE NORTHBOUND LANE WILL OBVIOUSLY BE THERE GOING NORTH.
8. Contact info is (561) 655-0655, for project update & lane closures, visit: www.southernblvdbridge.com